So it’s cold, it’s dark and I’m a little bit under the weather.
This definitely calls for some homemade comfort food.
I used to be a huge fan of corned beef hash, and at the first sign of a cold or after a hospital visit my lovely mum would always rustle one up for me.
I learnt early on that corned beef isn’t gluten free, so it was time to find a new comfort food!
Introducing Little Miss GF’s Comforting Tatty Skins
One baking potato
A knob of butter
A dash of milk
A handful of grated cheese of your choice
Some ham (or salami, or bacon, or whatever you fancy!)
1. Pierce the skin of the potato and bake on 180/200 for 1.5 hours.
2. Remove from oven and cut in half. Scoop out the potato (leaving enough in the skin to support it) and put it in a bowl.
3. Add all the other ingredients except for a sprinkling of the cheese.
4. Mix well with a wooden spoon until it’s a creamy consistency.
5. Pop it back in the skins, place them in an oven proof vessel, sprinkle some cheese and pepper on top.
6. You can either cook immediately for 20ish minutes or chill and then cook when required for 30ish minutes.
Hey Presto! One yummy, simple and comforting supper.